Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Green Goals for 2009...

Some of the eco-bloggers I read are posting their green goals for the new year. I think this is a great idea so here's my list:

  1. Put up a clothesline. We used to have one between some trees but it disintegrated. This time I want a real one just like Grandma used to have.
  2. Grow a bigger vegetable garden.
  3. Grow some herbs.
  4. If successful with the herbs, buy a dehydrator so I can dry my own.
  5. Join the local recycling coalition.
  6. Replace burned out bulbs with CFLs or LEDs (with a few exceptions since I don't really like the quality of light from these).
  7. Continue to fine-tune my recycling efforts.
  8. Continue to reduce the quantity of trash we produce.
  9. Investigate the possibility of starting a local natural foods co-op.
  10. Read at least three books related to the topics on this blog and review them here.
Check out other eco-bloggers' goals:

Retro Housewife Goes Green
Crunchy Domestic Goddess

1 comment:

Grama Sue said...

You don't need a dehydrator to dry most herbs. Just hang them upside down in bunches in a shady place when the weather will be dry for a few days. I wash them and put a fine netting over them to keep them from getting bird poop on them. When dry, store as whole as possible in glass jars. Keep in a cool dark place.