Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day (a little late)...

I had hoped to have a post about Earth Day several hours ago but after attending the annual recycling coalition meeting at noon and then purchasing eight adolescent chickens, I came home to a little surprise. One of the kittens that was born here last Earth Day apparently thought this was the perfect day of the year to have her kittens. In our laundry room. And the kicker? We thought this cat was a male. Yeah, we don't have a great track record with determining the sex of kittens. Obviously. So Davy Jones is now Davida or something like that and we are the proud owners of four black and white kittens. We're thinking of calling April 22nd "Birth Day".

It is now almost 9 p.m. and we've finished our dinner. I cleaned the kitchen, David fed the dogs and put up the hen (sole survivor from last year's chicks), we've got the chicks all settled in a dog crate on our balcony with a light rigged up for heat, the new mama cat and her kittens are doing fine and we've got our cups of Earl Grey for evening sipping. In lieu of a thought-provoking and life-changing post to commemorate Earth Day 2009, I'm going to share the links to some of the "green blogs" I read and direct you to their posts for today. Yeah, I know. But that's the best I can do at this point.

Crunchy Chicken

Crunchy Domestic Goddess

Enviroblog

Fake Plastic Fish

The Green Phone Booth

Mama Goes Green

No Impact Man

And my favorite (written by my lovely daughter):

Retro Housewife Goes Green

No comments: