Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Hippie Sort of Day...

This past Monday my daughter and I enjoyed a "Hippie Day" together. I needed a few things in Norman and asked Lisa if she'd like to go with me. Here is her Facebook status from that morning:

Lisa and her mom are going to be hippies today. They are going to eat at a hippie restaurant, go to Native Roots, another natural food store, and people should just be hoping they don't decide to chain themselves to trees or something or start a drum circle in the middle of Norman.

Here is a picture of the side entrance to the "hippie restaurant" we went to. It's called The Pink Elephant.


We weren't sure if it would be a sprouts and tofu sort of place so we asked to see the menu before we were seated. Whew. They had real food. And it was fantastic! I ordered a cup of their homemade broccoli cheese soup with my sandwich, primarily because that is David's favorite soup and I figured if it was good I just might get him to eat there with me sometime. Honestly, it was the best broccoli cheese soup I've ever had. Yum!

Lisa at Retro Housewife Goes Green has already blogged about our "hippie day" and she took more pictures so I'm going to refer you to her blog to read more about our fun outing. Click here.


Oh, and we didn't protest anything or start a drum circle. But there's always next time!

3 comments:

Jaggerfan1 said...

Where's this place at? They've made a place perfect for me! I'm the biggest hippie in my hometown!

Deanna said...

It's in Norman, Oklahoma. The food is fantastic (natural, some organic, some locally grown) and the atmosphere is groovy. ;)

Jaggerfan1 said...

There needs to be a plae like that around where I live. Because if so, I'd be there alot, with me and my little hippie nature