Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More on "Indoctination"...



SHUSTER: The videos that were posted did not blur the children's faces. Both schools have pointed out that the parents were not angered by the performances but were angered over their children's privacy being violated. Where is the right's outrage over that?


This is exactly what I've been wondering. The parents were told about this performance in advance, including the lyrics, and no one complained before, during or after. On the other hand, parents are outraged by the privacy violations. And rightly so. Since Fox ran this story, the school has received death threats and has had to heighten security. All because of a performance in honor of Black History Month which took place shortly after the inauguration of this nation's first African American president.

Where was the outrage when school children sang the praises of Bush and FEMA in the wake of Hurricane Katrina? Bush, who was sharing some cake with Sen. McCain and playing some guitar while New Orleans drowned. And FEMA? Can you guess what people in New Orleans say FEMA stands for? Fix Everything My Ass. And that's one of the cleaner versions.




Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Since I'm not a member of either major political party, I find it almost comical to watch each side protest the very same thing they did while in power. During the last administration, I clearly recall the Republicans stressing that criticism of the president during wartime is akin to treason. Well, the war's not over....

As a child I was taught to respect the president regardless of his political affiliation; we always had the president's portrait prominently displayed in the classroom. Unfortunately, politicians have become a bunch of babies. It's just gotten ugly out there.

Deanna said...

I feel like I'm in a somewhat unique situation in that I'm still registered Republican and I voted for Bush both times. I well remember what Republicans said when they were the party in power. I wish more of them did.

I honestly think the level of rancor is unprecedented (at least in my lifetime) and I lay much of the blame at the feet of entertainers masquerading as news reporters and commentators.