Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy 101 Award!

My sweet daughter gave me the Happy 101 award. If you aren't already familiar with her blog, do go check it out. She blogs at The Retro Housewife Goes Green.




Now, here are the award "rules" (actually they are more like guidelines, a la pirates):

First: Copy the award image in your post.

Then, list 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.

Happy Stuff
  • My husband, my pirate, the love-of-my life.
  • My smart, compassionate, passionate, loving and interesting children, Chris and Lisa.
  • Our pets. We have way too many cats but they still make me smile.
  • Earl Grey tea.
  • Books.
  • Cooking and now, sharing that love via my new blog, Dee's Kitchen.
  • Writing, blogging, and research.
  • Learning new things and being challenged to think.
  • Music. I simply cannot imagine a life devoid of this pleasure.
  • New Orleans.


Next:
Tagging 10 other bloggers who make me happy, in no particular order:


Now here's where I start making up my own rules. While it would be nice if those I give the award to would link back to my blog, it's not a requirement. In fact, at least one of these doesn't even have comments enabled at this point so she won't even know I've listed her. I just want to share a few of the blogs I read with y'all. So go take a look and if you like what you see, tell 'em I sent you. And if you have a blog you'd like me to take a look at, leave me a comment. I'll go check it out and leave a comment.

Thank you for the award, Lisa!




Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Patty said...

Thank you Deanna, it was a bright spot in my day to be given such a sweet award

Cherie said...

Deanna - thank you so much! I appreciate all your support.

vmichelle said...

Thanks so much Deanna, you are so sweet! And I love the name of your blog - The Well Groomed Hippie! Do you have to brush your hair to be considered well-groomed? In that case, I might be only partially groomed today.