Monday, April 5, 2010

The Story of Bottled Water

You've probably seen The Story of Stuff. If not, go watch it. Yes, I'll wait. Okay, wasn't that thought-provoking? Now the producers of The Story of Stuff have a new video out. It's called The Story of Bottled Water.




I quit buying bottled water for home use a couple of years ago. We have a water dispenser on the refrigerator so I just fill up my glass or reusable bottle and drink that. I try to remember to take my reusable bottle with me, too. I'm not a 100% purist and have been known to buy a bottle of water when I find myself away from home and without my reusable bottle. But that doesn't happen often. I've dramatically decreased my exposure to the chemicals in plastic, have MUCH less to recycle and have saved money to boot. Sounds like a great big WIN to me.

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Sherry Lassiter said...

That and buying fabric grocery bags. I bought two huge ones from Aldi's and two smaller ones from Dollar General. MUCH easier to handle than the plastic or paper ones from the stores and I like the fact that I'm not adding to environmental troubles quite as much.

Cherie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I worked for a bottled water company many years ago, before it became "sexy" to drink bottled water. I knew it was just filtered tap water so I was amazed when it became so popular. I'm glad the trend is finally declining.

Deanna said...

Isn't it amazing to realize that even simple changes like reusable bags and avoiding bottled water can have such an impact?