Monday, June 21, 2010

Music Monday...

Our Songs

David and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. It seems we've always been together, especially since we dated for 5 years before that. I have no idea why my parents let me date as a toddler. ;) Anyway, when you have been together as long as we have I think you deserve to have more than one "our song".

This is the one that David says always makes him think of me. We truly are "best friends" and I'm sure that is one of the reasons we have stayed together all these years.



Being one another's best friend is the foundation of our relationship but a good marriage needs that romantic spark, too, so here's another one of "our songs". Hey, we were high school sweethearts in the late 70s - what can I say?





Puppy love is sweet but good relationships grow and mature, right? And speaking of "mature", I couldn't find a good, censored version of our final song so if you are reading this at work or with children nearby, you should skip this next one.





So, if you are in a long-term relationship, do you have a special song? I'd love to hear what it is.

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

bryanmory said...

Woa, from "Afternoon Delight" to well, you know! Trent sure has changed since I last saw him. I never thought he's get all beefed up.

Anyway, without a doubt Debi and my special song is "Don't Take Away My Heaven" by Aaron Neville. Whenever we hear it together it instantly takes us back to our great, great romance days, like nothing has changed.

Deanna said...

There's a funny story about the NIN song. A couple of years ago we were in the OKC airport waiting to board a plane to New Orleans and listening to our iPods. Sometimes we like to switch earplugs just to see what the other one is listening to. I reached out for David's and we switched. It just so happened that he was listening to "Closer" by NIN and the look on my face when I heard "that line" made him laugh. (I hadn't heard the song before). Even more amusing was the fact that I was listening to Bad Company's "Feel Like Making Love". Ever since, we've joked about it being "our song".

"Don't Take Away My Heaven" is a lovely song and Neville's music is definitely more romantic than Trent's. ;) The Lionel Richie/Diana Ross song, "Endless Love" was one I felt rather special about until everyone in the early 80s decided to play it at their wedding. I had read the book in high school and then David and I saw the movie the summer we got married. We related to the *young love* theme.

Captain Dave said...

What can I say we have good taste or is it we taste good.

Cherie said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you! Wishing you 25 more together.

Deanna said...

Cherie: Thanks for the anniversary wishes. :)