Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Latest Poll: 1 in 5 Americans Believe Obama is a Cactus

If you don't read The Onion, you are missing out.  Today's *article* pokes fun at the recent poll which finds that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.  I'm not sure what that says about the intelligence of 20% of Americans...oh, wait...yes, I do.  Anyway, you MUST go read The Onion today.  Here are a couple of blurbs which literally made me "laugh out loud":

"We asked people of varying races, ages, and backgrounds the same question: 'What is President Barack Obama?'" Pew spokeswoman Jodi Miller told reporters. "And a fifth of them responded, 'A cactus.'"

"If the president says he is a human being, I'll take him at his word," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday on Meet the Press. "Though I've never heard him complain about being thirsty. Not once. That could be a coincidence, I suppose, but it's really not my place to say."

During a Wednesday morning briefing, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs once again denied that President Obama is a cactus, citing numerous physiological attributes of the nation's chief executive, including his ability to walk upright and to manipulate objects with his opposable thumbs.
         "Cacti don't talk," said Gibbs, shaking his head. "They just don't."

"I don't care what he says or what his people say or what anybody else says," 48-year-old Kansas resident Jake Nolan told reporters. "The guy's a cactus, plain and simple. I mean, Christ, look at him."

Bookmark and Share


No comments: