Monday, January 17, 2011

Music Monday ... We Shall Overcome

In honor of the 25th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day here is perhaps my favorite Civil Rights song, even though it always makes me cry:




Now skip on over to Tea With Dee and take a look at my post about MLK Jr. Day and a challenge to perform acts of service in your community.   I hope it inspires you to take part.  If it does, please pass it on.  We all need to do our part to make our communities, and the world, a better place.

"The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined non-conformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood." ~ MLK 


Bookmark and Share


 

2 comments:

Ron said...

Hi - I remember Joan :). Good post and great thoughts.

Deanna said...

Thanks, Ron. She still sounds amazing.