Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy birthday, George!

George Harrison would have been 68 years old today (or yesterday?) if lung cancer hadn't taken him from us in 2001.  In honor of his birthday I'd like to share some of his music.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps: 


My Sweet Lord: 


Here Comes the Sun: 


Tears of the World: 


The Light That Has Lighted the World:





I can sure relate to those lyrics:


I've heard how some people 
have said that I've changed,
that I'm not what I was,
how it really is a shame.
The thoughts in their heads
manifest on their brow
like bad scars from ill feelings
they themselves arouse.
So hateful of anyone that is happy
or free,
they live all their lives
without looking to see
the light that has lighted the world.

It's funny how people just won't
accept change.
As if nature itself - they'd prefer
rearranged.
So hard to move on
when you're down in a hole,
where there's so little chance
to experience soul.

I'm grateful to anyone
that is happy or free
for giving me hope
while I'm looking to see
the light that has lighted the world.


Happy birthday, George.  We miss you.


How to celebrate George Harrison's birthday:

2 comments:

Dessa said...

I LOVE him.

Jaggerfan1 said...

OMG! I love that song Here Comes the Sun. I'm totally addicted to it, and I'm also an avid Beatles fan