Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Monday ~ 50th anniversary of Bob Dylan's first album

Today, March 19th, marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Bob Dylan's debut album. What a long and influential career he has had. David and I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert last year which I count as a real privilege.

If you haven't already, check out the new 4 cd tribute album, Chimes of Freedom.  I have added several of the songs to a Spotify playlist but I also have plans to purchase it. I love Diana Krall's version of Simple Twist of Fate but I've long considered Forever Young to be my theme song. Here is the video of 92 year old Pete Seeger (another singer I much admire) and the Rivertown Kids children's choir's rendition from the tribute album:




1 comment:

Joyce of I Take Off The Mask said...

Cool! May we be forever young, indeed. ;)