Monday, June 4, 2012

Music Monday ~ "We Can" (Jesse Ruben)



I recently heard this song on the XM radio station "Coffee House" and found the lyrics so compelling that I wrote down the name so I could add it to one of my Spotify playlists when I got home. It almost even made me want to take up running. Ha! Just kidding. But the idea of working toward one's goals spoke to me. I was especially taken with this part:

Right now on this planet there are things that we can fix
There are people going hungry, a lot of them are kids
And it's so unfair
They're scared and all alone
Wars are being fought over land and over God
And we need a different plan
'Cause I think that we've forgot
That we're all the same
We're just love and blood and bones. 
Sometimes problems seem overwhelming, whether personal or on a larger scale, and I know many have taken the attitude that there isn't anything they can do. But I refuse to believe that. We might not be able to cure hunger and poverty overnight but that doesn't mean we should give up. And just because we, as an individual, can't eradicate these problems on a large scale, that doesn't mean that we can't take actions on a personal level. At the very least we can vote for leaders who believe these are worthy goals.

No comments: