Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cleaning out my inbox

I have this habit of emailing myself the links to interesting articles to read "when I get the chance". And then I ignore them until my inbox is overflowing. This morning I discovered that our mail server was down (again!) so I decided this would be the perfect time to deal with the inbox and finally read all those articles. Some were so good that I decided to share them here. Each of these is well worth the time to read and I encourage you to do so. Bookmark this post and whenever you have a few spare moments, check out one of these gems.


Man Celebrates 65th Birthday by Giving Away Free Money
Heartwarming and inspirational.

Suddenly That Summer
Lengthy but fascinating story about "The Summer of Love".

That Weed You're Smoking May Actually Help Protect Your Fat-Curdled Organs
Interesting medical news.

Fed lawsuit: Lighting store required workers to be Christian
I have mixed feelings about this one.

Why I Gave Up On Being a Republican
Similar to my own story.

5 Things Happy People Do
Worth considering.

Hipster Countercultures Through the Decades
Really interesting.

Why you shouldn't eat Bluefin tuna
Sad but important information.

10  Things Most Americans Don't Know About America
We'd all benefit from a little perspective.


Liberals Are Ruining America: I Know Because I Am One.
I've been guilty of some of the things mentioned in this one.

If you haven't already done so, I urge you to read Barbara Ehrenreich's book, "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America". And watch this:







So, that ought to keep you busy awhile!



2 comments:

Cherie said...

I do the same thing! And, unfortunately, I rarely revisit the links and/or articles. Ehrenreich's book is one of my favorites.

Deanna said...

That book was a real eye-opener for me. I truly believe everyone should read it.

I'm hoping to make the link line-up a regular feature. I figure it will make me more likely to read the articles I save and maybe they'll be of interest to some of my readers, too.