Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Isaac and Katrina

Seven years ago today, Hurricane Katrina decimated the Gulf Coast, leaving thousands dead and untold amounts of damage. Today Hurricane Isaac is battering the same area. Fortunately there is a huge difference between a Category 1 and a Category 5 hurricane. There will still be a lot of flooding (it's a slow-moving storm dumping huge amounts of rain) and damage but as long as the levees hold this won't be another Katrina. Thank God!

Every year on this date I am reminded of how Katrina affected the lives of so many. I don't want to wallow in the painful memories but it's important that we never forget. I will be posting my annual Katrina memorial post on Tea With Dee sometime today so mosey on over there and check it out later. I'll link all my previous memorial posts at the bottom of this one and add the new post when it's up.

In the meantime, this scene pretty much sums up the way I feel about all those people displaying their ignorance in the comment sections of news articles about Hurricane Isaac.




The blog post upon which this rant was based. R.I.P. Ashley Morris.

Former Katrina posts:

No comments: