Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday B.S. Roundup ~ March 22, 2013

I can already see that it's going to be difficult to decide which examples of b.s. to share each Friday. I might have to occasionally do an extra mid-week post once in awhile. I do appreciate those of you who have given me suggestions. I'm keeping track and will get to them at some point. Here are the ones I've chosen for this week.

1. Health Care:



FINALLY SOMEONE ASKED HIM THE QUESTION!
ON "ABC-TV" DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE".... OBAMA WAS ASKED:
"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM
AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"
THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS <>OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT !!! 

There was a lot more nonsense but that's my limit on all caps, misspelled diatribes. First of all, like so many of these things, it's not even current. The "network special on health care" referenced above took place in June of 2009. There was no "stoney (sic) silence". You can read the real story here:


2. Congress retirement pay

"No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50 percent of their pay, while politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just does not make any sense."

I couldn't remember which of my Facebook friends had posted this (there were at least three) but no, members of Congress cannot retire with full pay following a single term in office. This earned a "pants on fire" rating via PolitiFact:


It was also debunked by:


3. Bill Cosby

For some reason, this last one really irritates me. Here is an excerpt:
I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"
...
I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
...
I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?
This is attributed to Bill Cosby who has vehemently denied it, saying that he doesn't "subscribe to the ugly views" expressed in it.

Bill Cosby confirms "I'm 83 and Tired" email is fake

And here is an interesting take on just why someone would attribute this to Bill Cosby:


~~~~~

And that's it for this week. Be sure to send me your favorite examples of b.s. making the rounds. 



















3 comments:

Cherie said...

It's always amusing to see what people believe - not because it's true but because they want it to be true. I don't have any to share because I don't go on facebook much (and when I do, I've hidden the most annoying people) and I've asked family members who send me such "forwards" to not do it any more.

Deanna said...

You only had to ask once? It took me a couple of years of repeated requests.

Cherie said...

Sometimes they stop for a while...and then "forget" and start up again.