Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our Mother's Martyr ~ "Kashmir"

This past weekend we hosted our 6th annual Happyland Music Fest. We had five bands on Friday night and FOURTEEN! on Saturday. We actually had to turn down a couple of requests to play because the schedule was already full.

Friday night the music is generally rather laid-back and chill. People start showing up late afternoon, set up their tents, play a little Frisbee. The music starts at 7 p.m. and we ease into the weekend.

This year, however, we added something a little different to the end of the music lineup:




That, my friends, was Our Mother's Martyr. Remember the name because I'm convinced you're going to be hearing more from them. An iPhone video can't begin to capture what a badass performance they gave. I know these guys but had never heard them perform before Friday night. I was blown away. I told David I hoped he didn't mind if I became a groupie and followed them on tour. He understood and offered his services as a roadie. Seriously, they are incredible musicians and some of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet (one of them played soccer for David for years).

Go "like" their Facebook page:

Our Mother's Martyr

And check them out elsewhere online:

Reverbnation

MySpace

Jango

iTunes

YouTube

And finally:

No comments: