Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday B.S. Roundup ~ June 28, 2013

David and I are headed to Oklahoma City today to celebrate our 32nd anniversary (it was June 20th). We've been looking forward to this and fully intend to have a fabulous weekend. This past week has been difficult for several reasons - ill relatives, the death of a dear friend and a fair amount of stupid stuff. Since I don't want to add any further annoyances to my life right now, I'm going to skip the irritating examples of bullshit and share a few of a lighter, more humorous nature this week. Enjoy!

1. Bert and Ernie are gay and going to get married. 

This one has been making the rounds for quite awhile and I fully expect to see it pop up again following this week's Supreme Court rulings. Bert and Ernie aren't gay; they are puppets. There is a difference, you know.

Snopes: Open Sesame

2. Sneezing seven times in a row is the same as an orgasm.

Um, as an allergy sufferer I can absolutely verify that this one is false. However, it is possible to teach your parakeet to mimic a sneeze if you are in the habit of sneezing 15 or 20 times every morning. Which might be amusing but I wouldn't say it's comparable.

Snopes: It's the Time for the Sneezin' of Love

3. Starland Vocal Band's hit song, "Afternoon Delight" was the most downloaded song on iTunes in 2007.

For many years David and I have jokingly referred to this as "our song" (well, until we decided that we prefer a NIN song) but even we wouldn't have downloaded it on iTunes.

Funny2.com: False Facts #1

Bonus:

I'll refrain from commenting on this one:

Altoids

*Update: After some scientific experimentation we have determined the Altoids story to be b.s. 

That's all for this week. You know the drill:

Go forth and share the truth!


No comments: