Monday, December 30, 2013

Music Monday ~ Best of 2013

This is my second year to make a "best of" playlist. Actually, "best of" isn't totally accurate as there are definite gaps. I wanted a playlist with a degree of cohesiveness and listenability. I ended up listening to last year's playlist a lot which made me realize I shouldn't include songs which were so different from the rest that they would be jarring. For instance, while I enjoy some dance, techno, rap and heavy metal, many songs in those genres would feel out of place in this playlist. Does that make sense to anyone but me? Just nod and say "yes".

So here it is. There are currently 62 tracks. I might very well add more but I think this is a good overall look at music in 2013. Enjoy!




If you'd like a broader sampling of music from someone who truly knows what's out there and what is good, here is my son's playlist for 2013:



Also, check out his new music blog:

Music Sounds Butter With You


No comments: